THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Today I'm a guest blogger on I SMELL SHEEP!


Today you can find me having a discussion with Skye MacKenna over at the I Smell Sheep Blog!

This was a fun adventure for me, actually. Usually when I write for a blog, I'm writing about writing or character or giving advice or talking about what I'm working on....but instead, I was told to come up with something a bit different. I was given ideas and examples...and I decided that the lead protagonist in Skye of the Damned, Skye MacKenna, IF she could complain...would complain about all the hardships I've given her to start off with in the show.

SKYE MACKENNA
You see, I'm a firm believer in characters earning their "Disney Ending"...if you know what I mean. If we're going to end the story where everyone is more or less happy and all loose ends are tied up....by God they better have earned that! And in order to earn it, they need to walk through the fires of hell, metaphorically speaking. And no one should do that more than the leading character. She should really be hit with the "unlucky (but not so unlucky it feels forced or overdone) stick." Plus, with lead characters...they either start out where life is wonderful and it goes to hell in a hand-basket OR they are already a shit-show (for lack of a better weird word) and have to find ways to not just deal with all the crap dealt them...but find what "normal" is for them. The latter is my preference, actually.

Anyhoo....back to what I was saying...If Skye could bitch about the hand I'd dealt her and I could retort, I thought it might be fun and a good way to talk about SKYE OF THE DAMNED  as well as a good way to have my say (or basically justify) why Skye isn't "perfect"...why she makes rash decisions and messes up. First off, it's a hell of a lot more interesting and secondly...it's easier for people to relate to since they, too, are not perfect.

But enough about why or what I wrote. Head on over to the blog and read the silliness for yourself! OH...and since it's my Birthday TOMORROW (YAY!)...I'm giving away a book for 2 weeks...but you have to read the post to see how to get it!

Hope you like it! 

Tamsin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment