THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Writers Like to Eat

Have you noticed that?

We write, we munch, we write, we get up to get something from the fridge, we write some more...etc.etc.etc. At my Writers Group we almost always have something to pass, at our Write-Ins we bring food or we write somewhere where they sell it, and at our social gatherings...food is around also. And its good stuff! Our gal Marsha can bake! :)

Most writers also consume MUCH caffeine. WAIT! I'm not going to say DON'T drink it! If you need caffeine, by all means, drink it! I don't drink it often because I have a slight alergy to it (*waves away the sorrowful condolences*). I know, I know, it sounds like the end of the world to some of you, but I'm fine. If I'm not drinking tea I live on Orange flavored Crystal Light, Orange flavored Vitamin Water Zero, and Diet Sunkist. Do you seeing the pattern there? I have an addiction to Orange vs. Caffeine. Meh. It is what it is. And yes, Sunkinst has caffeine, as does my tea...so I can have only have one OR the other in a day. Not both. I tend to opt for the tea if its winter and the soda if its summer.

Anyway...moving on...

I'm here to talk about food. I just got side tracked there for a moment. Forgive my ADHD.

Over the summer I was getting my first book ready for publishing AND I broke my hand. Between the writing munchies and no exercise due to my hand I put on a bit of weight. Ten pounds to be exact. So now I'm doing WEIGHT WATCHERS. I'm even going to meetings. I need the accountability. Someone who looks at that scale with me and says, "You lost" or "You gained." In three weeks I've lost 4.6 lbs, btw. Yay me!

Now, because the new Points Plus plan has FREE foods I've found I truly am eating more fruit. Veggies were always free of points, but fruit? That's new. So, for instance, one of my late afternoon snack options (that I'm eating right now) is a banana and 1 Tbs of reduced fat peanut butter. Since the banana has NO points I just have to count the peanut butter. It used to be a serving of chips or a 100 calorie bag of something sweet.

Because of these better choices I've been making I don't get what I call the Blood Sugar Droops. You know, where you suddenly can't keep your eyes open and your head droops as you sit at the computer? You know what I mean, right? I'm not the only one, am I? O_O

My point is, I'm appreciating this lack of the droops. I hate becoming non-productive. Don't you? So, as I'm on this journey to lose those 10 lbs and another 10 for the health of it...I'm going to toss up any cool food ideas to you writers on here...to give you great ideas to snack on when you write.

Cause we writers like to eat. And we shouldn't have to stop.

xo

Tamsin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment