THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Friday, September 9, 2011

Shoes Challenge!

<---Did you see that? Is that the spider I keep dreaming about?

Naw, too small.

Don't ask. **shudders**

Anyhoo...

On to our blog entry...about SHOES!

I have this thing for stupid shoes. I like to take pictures of them. Its a sickness, I know. But really. How can I not? They wear them IN PUBLIC and I have a camera on my phone...they're just BEGGING for exposure!

Anyway, last week I was kidnapped by a shoe store and forced to buy two pair of shoes (Squeee!..uh...I mean, Damn them!...yeah...*clears throat*) and I saw these on display and about lost...my...shit.

Laughing, that is.



Really? SEQUIN UGGS!? ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?! Uggs in general are ugly boots (hence their name). *shakes finger at protester* Ah ah ah...YES they are! I don't give a flying pa-toot if they're warm. They. Are. Ugly. Seeing women pair them with skirts makes me want to call the Fashion Police, no mater how "in" they are. I can understand they're warm. I can. But they have no arch support or cushion to them either. So...ugly and painful. Then why are they so "in"? *sigh* But now...we have SEQUIN UGGS! I just can't even...I mean, really? Please God please stop the insanity!

Anyhoo, it got me to thinking of the stupid shoes I've taken pictures of and I decided to share a few with you today AND make it a contest. You ready?

OK...

We'll start with what was on the train with me this morning. Pic first. Then the ramble. Here you go:



These "loverly" sandals are...you got it, gold with rinestones...but it gets better! That top item is a skull w/crossbones and the bottom is a...fly? Maybe its a bee...but I think it looks like a fly. EITHER WAY...neither makes sense! And what are those gold things hanging off the side of the skull? Oiy. So...you've got tacky, ugly AND flat! Is this tourist REALLY gonna wander NYC today in these? God help her! Honey, might I introduce you to Fit-Flops? They're not "stylish"...but neither are what you're wearing and you'd at least be comfortable. Just sayin'.

Moving on!

We'll stick with sandals. This was my first shoe pic, ever. I just...couldn't...help...myself...



WTF?

Grapes sandals? Really? I just don't get it. Am I missing something here? I don't think I am. They're ridiculous and unattractive. They make her already small feet look dwarfed. :( At least the sole is thicker than mis gold lamé rinestone skull's are...but that's not saying much. And no, this wasn't part of a costume. Thoughts on these? Anyone? Anyone?.....I didn't think so.

On to our last victim.

I wish you could've seen the whole outfit on this cute little Asian chick. She was in her 20's I'd guess. On a date, I think. She wore ALL purple...in the same shade so kudos to her as that's hard to do. Purple in her hair, purple jaket, purple spandex mini skirt, purple tights and...*drum roll*...



With winter right around the bend I thought we'd end with these...but wow. I can't tell if I want a pair (in black of course) or if I think she stole Barney's feet! I hope they're warm cause...wow. I have not the words.

So...here's the challenge! Take your own CRAZY/STUPID/UGLY footwear pics about town (on either someone you know...or better yet, on someone you don't) and submit them to me at tamsinlsilver@gmail.com. The winner will get a free e-copy of the first book in the Living Dead Girl Series, "The Betrayal".

DO NOT SUBMIT PICS FOUND ON THE INTERNET. For EXAMPLE. They can be shoes you own but DO put them on! They can be shoes you see in a store, too. As long as its a non-pro snap-shot it'll count.

You have until the end of Release Weekend (10/16)! Winner and runner up will be posted on the blog!

Good luck!

xo

Tamsin :)

P.S. We start with sequins...we should end with sequins...

I leave you with a pair of shoes I totally want but CANNOT justify. Red, sequin (not glitter) Ruby Slippers (they're on my feet...I wear a size 6 btw..you know, if you have a pair you just don't know what to do with...*hint hint*). They are wicked uncomfortable and only good for dressing up as Dorothy (which I did as a kid a lot btw) so I'll never buy them but...if I did, I'd probably find another chance to wear them other than Halloween. Then I too would end up in one of these "stupid shoes" photos! LMAO!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment