THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Monday, May 24, 2010

My 1st Death Dream

Have you ever had a Death Dream? My ex-roommate Lauren use to tell me about the ones she'd have and I thought it odd I'd never had one. Never.

Well ladies and gentlemen...that has changed.

I had one.

It was not fun.

I don't recomend them.

What kind of death was it?

Well, let me tell you the whole dream.

But before I do, let me say that I wasn't watching me...I was me.

I was getting onto the subway here in NYC with someone...I think it was my co-worker Michelle, but I'm not sure. It was one of those new uber clean blue seated ones. Super cold inside too.

We sat down and there was this Latino couple making out near us. They were on the floor, rolling around, making out. They were driving everyone crazy...making us all uncomfortable.

The couple rolled to me and my friends legs, making us lift our legs for them. Now, being who I am, I make a comment about getting off the public floor and getting a room.

They do finally get up and are to my left. I can't see them as my head is turned to my right talking to my friend.

I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder so as to get my attention. It's a woman's hand. She pinches that bone at the top of my shoulder between what feels like her thumb and forefinger. I start to turn my head...

She says something that is obviously ominus (though I can't remember it anymore but it did have a sound of "finality" to it) and I feel the cold touch of an old gun barrel (think Lone Ranger gun but copper in color) and before I can think she pulls the trigger and shoots me in the head.

I feel my body keel over to the right, onto my friend's knees, and as I ask God's forgiveness for my sins all goes black and I wonder if I'm drifting slowly because that's how it is when you die OR is it a wound I'll survive from.

Everything then goes black. And I know deep down that I've died. This isn't a "flesh wound".

I wake up in my bed with a quick, deep breath of air and realize its a dream.

Not fun. I personally never want another one of those.

One might say, "What does that dream mean?"

I'm pretty sure it's the stress I'm about to be under with concern to my writing (see next post) but I looked up the meaning anyways...here's what I found on Yahoo:

"To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life."

OR

"To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience. Alternatively, the dream refers to drastic changes that are happening in your life. There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself. Killing represents the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits. "


Interesting thoughts.

What do you think? Let me know!

Tamsin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment