THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Friday, April 29, 2011

Subway Casting Strikes Again!

As those of you who follow this blog know, I cast a few of my roles in my last photo-shoot in fun ways. I cast one from a wedding (he worked at the place the reception was held), I cast two from a night out at a club, and I cast two from running into a young man (Robbie) on the subway. Subsequently, the girl Robbie was roommates with (Lauren) became the lead and has since become one of my best friends...she's truly my mini-me. I heart her very much. Who would've thought my casting process would've handed me that? God has a hand in my life and its times like that where it's overtly obvious.

Anyhoo...fast forward to yesterday.

Ever since I got my Kindle my nose has been buried in it. I mean BURIED. The ride to work, he walk from train to train, the walk from train to job, etc. I've become an obsessed reader. Meh, there are worse things, right?

BUT...much like the day I met my editor Juliet, where I didn't have on my iPod as usual, this time...I wasn't reading as per usual. I was just listening to music.

As I sat riding the A train to work I looked up at one point and standing in front of me was a young man with brown hair I'd have swore was torn from my book for Alastair. Problem was, this young man was too short for that role as Alastair is 6'2" and this young man looked to be about 5'8" or 9". His nose was buried in a book as he listened to music and I watched him...curious of his eye color. They seemed to be light, maybe blue...but I needed brown.

Then he turned to look at what stop we were at and I saw his eyes were a light golden brown. Exactly what I wanted for Stephan. Yeah, the dude wasn't blonde, but I planned to wig who played Stephan anyway as he's got long hair so...all I cared about was that he was cute, young, was about 5'9" and had warm eyes.

Now I had to get the courage to talk to him. You're thinking, "You've done it before! No biggy." Yeah, but it's the morning commute. We're all tired and trying to focus on the day ahead. It felt awkward to interupt his morning. But, I got out my business cards case and told myself, "If he gets off at 59th Street its meant to be and I'll talk to him then."

But, as fate would have it, he let his book drop and was looking around. It was my opening and I gathered up my sense of self (and my bags) and stood up and touched his arm to get his attention. We spoke as the train hurdled towards 59th and my leg shook. Yeah...I have courage but I get nervous just like everyone else. But, I still push past that. NO pain NO gain people.

He was very excited about the opportunity and we both got off at 59th and walked towards his work and my 2nd train of the morning chatting a bit on our way. I gave him my card and told him to get in contact with a picture/headshot. He said he would and we parted ways. Then I hoped he really would. I'd left the ball in his court. I'll be honest, I worry people will think I'm a crazy. LOL! ---no comments from the peanut gallery please---

But...he did get in touch with me via email last night...saw it before I passed out for the night. As soon as I have his pic I'll add it to this post. He's a very nice guy and I'm extremely happy to announce that Thomas Daniels will be playing Stephan Throneburg for the LDG Series Photo-Shoot.

Every now and again things just work out. :)

**Sitting here trying to picture him with long blond hair.** He's going to look amazing!

Have a great weekend all! May you too have the courage to step up and take chances.

xo

Tamsin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment