THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moon Over Manhattan (New Book Idea)

So...last week as I stepped off the platform of the train a GREAT line for the opening of a book hit me. It's actually been haunting me. I can see the girl. I can feel her. She's not been leaving me alone. I even typed the line on a document but didn't save it...until today. Why? Cause after a dream I had last night about my hot werewolf (see previous post to understand) I realized who she is and why she keeps talking to me.

I know that she's not tall (probably 5'5")...that she has dark hair and blue eyes...she's slender but not skinny (think size 7/8 vs. size 2) and she has too much attitude for one girl. While walking about my house this morning, she was poking at my brain, and I asked her what her name was. The name "Denika" popped into my head.

Fine. Now WHO are you?

Then, I just knew.

Her name is Denika Petrovskii. She is the daughter of the head werewolf family based in Russia. In my head, she looks like Tèa Leoni did back in 1995 when she made the movie Bad Boys. Here's a pic I like:



Unlike Tèa though she's tatooed and pierced and a tom boy...the head of the New York City gang she runs for daddy. Her brother is older than her and normally would be in charge but daddy chose Denika. Needless to say, her brother doesn't play well with others, or with her.

That's all I have so far. I am going to spend my lunch today just free writing the scene I see in my head and see if I can figure out how she fits into the LDG storyline cause I know she's part of it. I'm just not sure if her story starts in the space between books 4 & 5 of the LDG series and then she'll pop up in Book 5 OR if she's in Book 4 and 5 to then get her own spin off. I know she's part of my same world...but even though I can feel her storyline is on the tip of my tongue...I know I need to free write find it. Wish me luck.

I give you the opening line...

"As I stepped out of the train onto the platform my sunglasses began to fog up, New York City's humidity clouding my vision. One hundred and three in the shade today. Fuck."

I look forward to getting to know Denika...this should be fun...

Tamsin Silver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment