THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Congratulations! You've reached the mid-way point!

Meaning..........I'm now officially 40.

Explanation: Most folks live to be 80 on average...or so they hope. Hence, as I'm now 40, I've reached the mid-way point of my life...so I hope.

We always say, "It doesn't feel like its been that long. How am I supposed to accomplish all I want in this lifetime if I only have such a short time left?"

Here's a better way of looking at it.

In theory we only start figuring out our dreams once we hit college, when we're 18.

40-18=22

This means I've only been chasing what I want for 22 years. That sounds a bit better, yes?

Wait...I didn't finish college and start DOING what I wanted, career wise,until I was 25.

40-25=15

This means I've only been in full "do what I want now that I'm not in school" for 15 years.

Wait...let's be honest. Once we get into the real world it takes a few years to really get the hang of it, know who we are, and know what we really want to do. (Yeah yeah, there are a few that were a child prodigy or just "knew" and started that career right off the bat, but I'm talking about me, the average human.)

ANYHOO...

I didn't really know who I was, what I wanted, where I wanted to go until I was 29.

40-29=11

This means I've only been really doing what I want, whilst knowing WHO I really am, for 11 years.

NO WONDER IT FEELS LIKE ITS GONE BY SO FUCKING FAST! I've really only been doing what I want to do for 11 years!

Well shit.

Puts it in better perspective huh? To look at what I've accomplished in my life, then realize that I've done that in 11 years...and to hope that I get 40 more?!

If I live to be 84 (and btw...that's what my "Death Clock" app on my Android Phone says) That means that I have 4 times the amount I've had so far to do what I want with my life, knowing who I am and enjoying that.

So...its not as bad as I originally thought, yes? (see previous post) I plan to enjoy it and make my time count! How about you?

xo

Tamsin :)

P.S. Post of what I did with my 4 day Bday weekend will be the next post...so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment