THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

FREE Con*Carolina Exclusives for 2015!

Hey there, all! So...this year at CC (which is in just over a week!) I'll have some GREE things at my table OTHER THAN postcards, bookmarks, and so on. This year I will have sneak peek's at the next two book I'll be putting out. YAY!

They are...

Mark of the Necromancer; A Sabrina Grayson Novel
(Out Fall 2015)

Synopsis:

Sabrina Grayson is dead and it's the best thing that’s ever happened to her.

As a child, Sabrina saw ghosts, but with age and parental influence, she forgot all about them. That is, until fate stepped in to bring her back where she belonged: with the dead.

Now she's a Necromancer; the only one known to exist who can travel the Death Highway and walk the Earth. New to the supernatural world, Sabrina discovers the truth about her past and now must learn who she really is. To do this, she will have to team up with Alex Price, the one man she can't stand. Only together can they figure out who murdered her and why they are killing Sabrina’s friends off one by one.

Determined to save them and the city she loves from the evil they find, Sabrina will have to put her soul on the line...even if it means going to Hell and fighting Lucifer himself.

MOON OVER MANHATTAN
(Out Summer 2016)

Synopsis:

The Hybrid War has ended. Peace has come to The Clandestine World…or has it?

When your father is arrested for working with the Russian Mafia and your brother picks up where he left off, threatening to ruin the new life you’ve created, what do you do?

You lie.

Once the daughter of the Royal Family of Werewolves, who were banished from favor, Denika Petrovskii must find her own way, concealing who she really is. But when a friend of her father’s appears with information of an attack on both the city of New York and the new King of The Clandestine World, she must decide to help or hide. Can she get involved without exposing who she really is, or will she be discovered, losing everything she’s worked so hard for?

They thought the war was over.

They were wrong.
 
SPECIAL NOTE: I will only have a limited supply of these at my table...so first come, first served!
 
That said...
 
You may have noticed that the cover for the FREE Chapter of Moon Over Manhattan says, "Sequel Series to Windfire"...this is true! The Windfire Series storyline begins in 1997, and when finished, it will conclude in 2009. Moon Over Manhattan picks up in 2010, after the Hybrid Wars, in a different city, and with a whole new set of characters (with a few cross over appearances from Windfire folks from time to time). However, where Windfire was told from an ensemble POV, this book is told from only two perspectives; Denika and Cash.
 
In no way do you need to have read the Windfire Series to read Moon Over Manhattan, nor will reading this second series ruin the ending of the first, FYI. Also...Denika happens to be one of my favorite heroines I’ve ever written. So I hope you enjoy the sample chapter of the book!
Now, I know some people are going to ask why is the sixth book of the Windfire saga not next. Well, There's a method to the madness and here's the thing...
 
With only one series out, I limit my sales. Especially at conventions. If the person is a big reader, and likes the genre (and me), they could still not buy anything because, A) The style/topic isn't their cup of tea. B) They don't want to only buy one book in a series...they'd want all available and that equals spending more money ($40 for all 5 vs. $10 if you get just the first one, which is the convention deal, which is usually, buy one get one half off). Because of this, I decided to get these two out first, as they are already written, and then I'll get Book 6 finished and out. To fans of the Windfire Series, I sincerely apologize for the wait. But hey, I at least won't make you wait as long as George R.R. Martin makes his fans wait...so there's that! :)
 
So next year, after both of these are out, I'll have a witch series AND a werewolf series in the same world PLUS a totally different series about a Necromancer who solves supernatural homicides. This is better for me business wise, so thus.
 
That's the thing about being a self-published author, you have to think this way and being as I have a day job, I only have so much time to pump out books. LOL! Plus, I'm working on something REALLY special over the next year as well (details will show up on here TOMORROW...so come back!) so my plate is full...in fact, it's overflowing...which is good. However, it means Windfire/Atlanta fans will have to wait a bit longer for book six.
 
That said...I'm looking forward to heading to NC next weekend! It'll be GREAT to see my writer and non-writer friends in the south! No, it's not a vacation, but it'll be a lot of fun anyway.
 
OK...I'll leave it at that...catch you tomorrow with ANOTHER announcement!
 
Oh...and if you aren't following me on MagicalWords.net yet (I post every other Wednesday), you should be! If you leave a comment, I try my best to reply on them, especially if there's a question.
 
Take care!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment