THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Monday, June 28, 2010

In the Ether.

Yep. That's where my manuscript is for all I bloody know.

"I thought you sent that to the agent who requested it?"

Oh, I did. And in that email I asked if she'd be so kind as to let me know she got it.

I heard nothing so 2 weeks later I sent a nice email asking if she got it...noting in said email that in no way did I expect her to have read any of it yet.

Did she get back to me?

No. :(

*sigh*

Alas, this is the life of a writer who isn't officially contracted...the low man (or woman) on the totem pole so to speak. So now I wait to hear back from her and that could happen in two months or never. Annoying to say the least but what am I to do?

I shall continue to submit! THAT is what I will do.

Once the 4th of July holiday is over and I'm back from Boston (where my story takes place by the way) I will start putting my "list" into a formal spreadsheet so as to start sending my letter out to more agents.

Am I happy about it? No. But I can't put all my eggs in one basket...no matter how much I think the lady who asked for it is a good fit for me and my book. What if she were to take a year to get around to my book? I can't sit on my arse that long people. I need an agent this year...that is my goal...and we're almost half way through 2010!

So...dear stalker (you know who you are)...expect my "list" soon. :)

Tamsin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment