THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Magical Words!


"Magical Words" art by Mikkoliini













I am excited to announce that I get to do a guest blog post on MagicalWords.net on June 27th, 2013!

This is a group of amazing, New York Times best selling authors (started by David B. Coe, Faith Hunter, and Misty Massey for giving professional writing advice from published authors) and I've been given the honor of writing a guest posts for them! YAY! Not only that...but another spot in July! I feel so honored, I cannot begin to explain. Plus, these folks are not only talented writers, but great people (I know them from conventions). They made a new author like me feel like I belonged where I am. Because, I'll be honest, I'm just waiting for someone to say, "Who do you think you're trying to fool! You're no writer!" 

I think that comes from being self published. Of course, I was originally published under a small press...but I'll be honest, I've gone further as a self published gal. I don't think that was the small press' fault though, I just think that my book series was sitting in the wrong genre when it was known as the Adult Paranormal Romance, "The Betrayal." This story belongs in New Adult...or Young Adult Urban Fantasy. The proof is in the pudding, as it has thrived (and me along with it) since the switch in October 2012.

Anyway, I digress, the piece I wrote for them is entitled, "Jumping Out Of Your Comfort Zone." It's about my writing process for SKYE of the DAMNED...why it differs from writing my books and what about it was frustrating. It's also about how I pushed past that and made it a rewarding experience. One of my better blog posts I think...and it's not even on MY blog! LOL!

SO...on Thursday, come back here and click on that link for Magical Words at the top and go see the post! PLUS...I'm using that post to release the first cast pic taken for SKYE. It'll be the only place to see it so...you'll HAVE to go look, right? RIGHT!

In NYC it is 92 degrees out today. UGH. My poor, fluffy pooch! Good thing I left the AC on for His Hairyness. Hope everyone is staying cool, wherever you're living.

xoxo

Tamsin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment