THE WINDFIRE SERIES

Monday, November 22, 2010

Back to Living Dead Girl; Book 4 - Destiny

It's that time...time to put Moon Over Manhattan down...let it rest...let me detatch from it so I can really edit. I tried to do a lightning edit but I'll be honest; I'm too close to it still to do anything so...into the metaphorical drawer it goes. Don't get me wrong...I was able to cut almost 200 words in the first two chapters so I was doing well--I just found it hard to really see objectively. I might jump back over to it, we'll see.

What I knew I needed to do was get back to Living Dead Girl. I left off after I'd started Chapter 12 (so, basically 1/3 of the way thru) when I began Moon Over Manhattan. Problem was, I needed to re-read it cause honestly, I didn't remember much about it. I've been in a different girl's mind for the past 4 months so, alas, I had to re-read.

I started with the Introduction and had a profound memory recall--THIS main girl is NOT in good shape. I'd forgotten how messed up Atlanta is at this point in the game. I've been in the head of a healthy (and I mean mentally healthy) girl for 4 months. I'd forgotten about what a disaster Atlanta's head is. No wonder I left her for awhile...sheesh!

Anyhoo...wish me luck getting back into the other series. It's SUPER sad to leave Denika behind but alas, Atlanta needs me.

I will say this...I was impressed with the opening of Book 4, which is called Destiny. I'd forgotten how it started...here it is...

xo

Tamsin :)
--------------------------------

Introduction
Main Entry: des•ti•ny
Pronunciation: \ˈdes-tə-nē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural des•ti•nies
Etymology: Middle English destinee, from Anglo-French, from feminine of destiné, past participle of destiner
Date: 14th century
1 : something to which a person or thing is destined : FORTUNE
2 : a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency
synonyms see FATE

So I wait.

What do I wait for?

Destiny…to eat me whole. This “predetermined” course of events that seem to have infected my being. The “chosen one”. Prophecy this and prophecy that. I hate it. To feel like you have no choice but yet you’ve made all the wrong ones. It sucks. I am unhappy and I hurt those I love daily. How in hell can this be my destiny? Did I per chance pick the wrong path one day? If so, when did that happen and can I go back and change my mind?

On one hand, I have two beautiful children and powers that many would make a deal with the devil for. Yet, on the other hand I seem to have the propensity for tragedy and horror to follow me and those I care for wherever I go. One might suggest maybe I need to embrace this stay of being. I cannot fathom it. If I didn’t feel I was needed I would find a way to die. Destiny or no, there are things I’ve seen and things I’ve done that make my skin crawl and my non-beating heart cry out for help.

But I can’t. Have help that is. I have made these bad choices, whether they were my destiny to make or not, and I am the one that deals with them. There is no need to share my dirty laundry with those who count on me so heavily. I am the chosen one and I should be able to shoulder this pain and these burdens alone…and I will.

Until it kills me.


As Destiny Unfolds
by Nettie Pennington

There is always a choice to make
When two paths merge and life takes a break
For a split second, all things are one
As destiny and chaos collide once more

When two paths merge and life takes a break
No one will warn you that it is already to late
To change the path you have taken
As destiny and chaos collide once more…

No comments:

Post a Comment